Renew Recycling Sorting Associate (Temporary position)
EILEEN FISHER creates simple, sustainable, timeless clothes designed to work together as a system. We make our clothes with intention, supporting people to build their wardrobe meaningfully each season. And we make our clothes to last—and then take them back through our Renew team to be reworn and loved again, or through our Waste No More team, to be remade into entirely new felted designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person—our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes—and are committed to cultivating conditions that empower people. It’s all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. EILEEN FISHER is one of the largest women’s fashion companies to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
As a founder led Company, our values are deeply embedded in and shape our culture. Our values are a shared responsibility embodied in every position, and are intended to be woven into all that we do; how we approach our work and how we interact with one another. Our values support our commitment to Diversity, Equity + Inclusion, and our commitment to Sustainability guides us to protect our limited natural resources, fight climate change, support human rights and social impact, and inspire the fashion industry to embrace circularity.
- We are authentic
- We thrive in connection
- We trust each other
- We innovate through creativity
- We are committed to the health of the whole
- We are united by purpose
- This is a 6 month in person temp role**
EILEEN FISHER Renew is currently seeking full-time or part-time temp workers to join the team in our Irvington, NY Recycling Center. A Sorting Associate is needed for quality assurance of clothing and to assist in recycling center inventory organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform quality assurance and categorize incoming EILEEN FISHER garment donations
- Sort garments into classifications, fabric content & on-site laundry or dry-clean
- Sorting garments to be put away in backstock
- Maintain organization of sorted categories
- Maximize efficiency and space
- Communicate special areas in stockroom for ongoing work in progress to maximize available product/space and convenience
- Partner with team to manage incoming and outgoing product
- Pick product from best quality to other product categories in designated areas
- Put away by category, fabrication, color, size to make process easier for all
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team
- Must be able to work flexibly and navigate ambiguity, as job processes can change quickly
- Attention to detail and organizational skills also a must
- Knowledge of EILEEN FISHER clothing and fabrics a plus
- Interest in sustainability and circular design economy
Performs Other Related Duties And Assignments As Required
Pay rate is $16.00/hr.
EILEEN FISHER, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.