Senior Manager, Sustainability
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
About Global Compliance:
Global Compliance is Centric Brands’ corporate compliance and risk mitigation organization with oversight of supplier social and environmental compliance, corporate and supply chain sustainability, product testing, product safety, and regulatory compliance. Global Compliance also leads the company’s efforts in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) to ensure continuous improvement across key performance indicators.
Collectively, the Global Compliance team:
- Defines and implements corporate policy and process for internal and supply chain compliance by synthesizing applicable law, business partner requirements, and accepted industry practices;
- Mitigates operational and reputational risk arising from ordinary business and contract production by performing due diligence, liaising with industry, and educating internal teams;
- Advises cross-functional leadership on priority compliance exposures and requirements by distilling legislative and market developments into strategic, actionable guidance; and
- Remains aware of developments in relevant facets of the operating environment to determine material areas of focus and refine practices to strengthen ESG performance.
About the Role:
Centric Brands has recently collaborated with a top-tier sustainability consultancy to develop a comprehensive sustainability strategy aimed at enhancing company-wide ESG performance. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Sustainability Manager to lead the implementation of this strategy and ensure compliance with associated regulatory, licensor, and customer sustainability requirements. In this newly created role, the Sustainability Manager will collaborate with various internal and external sources to collect information, implement performance standards, and drive our sustainability efforts forward.
Refine and Implement the Centric Brands Sustainability Strategy (including, but not limited to):
- Energy efficiency
- Waste reduction
- Water conservation
- Sustainable materials sourcing
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory tracking and emission hotspot identification
- Compliance with local wastewater discharge regulations
- Reduction of single-use plastics in operations and offices
Coordinate and Execute Licensor and Customer Sustainability Programs (including, but not limited to):
- Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) / Better Cotton Platform (BCP)
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) Higg Brand Retail Module (BRM) / Higg Facility Evaluation Module (FEM)
- Walmart Project Gigaton
- Walmart Sustainability Requirements for Textile Mills and Wet Processing Facilities
- Walmart Textile Fiber Survey
- Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC)
- Collaborate with various departments, including Sourcing/Production, Licensing, Compliance, Legal and Marketing, to collect information and implement sustainability requirements.
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and resources to drive sustainability initiatives forward and achieve ESG goals.
Our Best Fit Candidate Would Have v
- Advanced degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in sustainability management, ideally within the apparel industry
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations and standards
- Familiarity with GRI, SASB, CDP, THESIS, and other relevant frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly motivated, autonomous, entrepreneurial
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Proven self-starter balanced with patience, persistence, and resilience
- Skilled at navigating complex cross-functional relationships in a matrixed, global organization
- Passionate about driving change and progress toward ESG goals
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401(k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and o ur D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $92,400 - $116,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that Centric Brands will only reach out to interview, make an offer of employment or conduct onboarding activities for candidates who have applied through our careers site. When interviewing for a position, the candidate experience will include live interaction, such as a video conference or telephone call, with a Recruiter and/or company employee(s). We will never ask for any money or payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process. Be aware of suspicious recruitment activity. If you think you are a victim of an employment scam, you may contact your local law enforcement agency and/or visit the Federal Trade Commission website here: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams .