Sustainability MBA Intern
Faherty Brand is looking for a Sustainability MBA Intern to join our team this spring! This is a great opportunity for someone who is incredibly organized and can work with individuals at all levels of the organization. We are looking for someone who can multitask like no other, has creative approaches to problem solving, and enjoys a challenge. This position is for the candidate who wants to dive in and make an immediate impact, and brings a positive, can-do attitude to the table!
This role is based in our HQ in Manhattan
What you’ll do:
- Support Director of Global Sustainability in key areas of impact for the company (i.e. preferred materials, supply chain transparency, product traceability, carbon footprint, circular business models)
- Learn and assist in compiling, analyzing and interpreting impact data for reporting
- Calculate, organize, review and format data for materials, suppliers, carbon emissions, etc.
- Set up clear systems and processes for ease of data collection
- Independent online research
- Create presentations of data in a clear, user friendly and aesthetic format
What you’ll have:
- Enrolled in a program with major/studies focused on sustainable fashion, ESG, environmental and/or sustainability issues and topics
- Keen interest in ESG and sustainability-related data and reporting
- Basic knowledge of sustainable business as it pertains to the Fashion Industry (materials, supply chain, circularity)
- Expert in using Excel / Google Sheets and technically savvy to navigate industry sustainability software and platforms
- Must be based in New York City
- Must be available for the entire program
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Able to work with a high degree of self-direction and flexibility, especially with taking initiative, prioritizing and problem solving
- Highly motivated, energized attitude that inspires others to seek higher levels of performance
- Interns can receive school credit and will be paid
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely, and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.