Sustainability and Disclosure Lead EU
Fast Retailing (FR) is a global company that operates multiple fashion brands, including UNIQLO, GU, and Theory. As the world’s third-largest manufacturer and retailer of private-label apparel, the FR group offers high-quality, reasonably priced clothing by managing everything from procurement, design, and production to retail sales.
We are currently recruiting a Sustainability and Disclosure Lead / Specialist who will report to the Sustainability Disclosure Manager (Tokyo, Japan). It is a hybrid, full-time permanent role that will be based in our Fast Retailing office in Central London, where some traveling may be required.
You will work closely with other sustainability-related teams encompassing various themes from environment human rights to community support. The role will link in with relevant departments such as Corporate PR, Investor Relations, Accounting, and HR at Fast Retailing France as well as other branches, including Global Headquarters in Tokyo.
This is a lead position where you will be integral to the response to the coming Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and other disclosure requirements in the EU and supporting global disclosure initiatives.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Proactive in ensuring up to date knowledge on the latest changes and developments impacting disclosure and regulations, regularly reporting on these to support decision making and implementation of action plans
- Designing and building systems and teams based on the information collected
- Reporting work (e.g. CSRD, CSDD)
- Identifying challenges through reporting work, collaborating with relevant people beyond sustainability dept and data analysis & collection to identify gaps or risks to the business, reporting on challenges and working collaboratively with wider teams to support and implement change
- Responding to EU-specific NGO/media surveys
- Helping GHQ/global disclosure work as necessary
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for 4 plus years experience preferably sustainability reporting (esp. environmental reporting, ESG)
- A background project managing, accounting, legal and or consultancy work
- Good understanding and skills of Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directives and other disclosure requirements
- You are analytical, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative data, particularly on environment e.g. GHG emissions
- Fluent in English and any additional language(s) (French in particular would be an asset)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact and work effectively at all levels within the business
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills
- Enjoy research and data collation ensuring accurate reporting
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to identify risks and opportunities
- Prince2 qualifications would be an asset, as well as advanced proficiency in excel
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Great attention to detail
- A natural influence and leader
- Hands on, approach using your own initiative with the ability to work unaided
- Culturally sensitive when working with people from different backgrounds
- Open and strategic mind-set with the ability to establish cross-functional systems and structures.
- Ability to take ownership and provide leadership to find and execute proactive organizational solutions
What we can offer you
- Progression opportunities
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Competitive pay and bonus potential
- Staff Discount 30%
- Global Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private medical care
- Private pension scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Hybrid working
- Tea and coffee provided
- Hybrid working, 2 days from home, 3 days in the office
- Social events throughout the year
- Seasonal Sample Sales
- Volunteer Day – twice a year
- Great Location - Close to transport links, underground Piccadilly and Oxford Street stations.
- Close by to shops restaurants/bars/cinema and gyms
Fast Retailing (FR) is an inclusive employer, and we welcome applications from all profiles, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, or background.