Sustainability Intern - 2024 Rookie Program (Jan - Jun)
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.
Purpose of Role
The Intern, Sustainability, will have the opportunity to work in the APAC headquarters of a leading global sports apparel brand. They will work closely with the Sustainability team to understand how Under Armour evaluates supplier’s sustainability performance, partners with suppliers and industry partners and delivers sustainability strategies on the ground. Through this they will gain a clear picture of how Social Sustainability is achieved within the retail industry and what UA does to contribute to its 2025 goals under the Team Pillar.
- Support the team on Supply Chain Worker Care Programs, including but not limited to Worker Voice, WeCare+, RISE, Digital Trainings through engagement with service providers to implement activities on ground and track progresses against KPIs
- Conduct data analysis to understand the major social & labor risks and challenges and training needs per countries based on the data collected from the Worker Voice and digital training portals
- Update program guidebooks
- Conduct research on best practices and market trends of the Worker Care programs to recommend improvement opportunities
- Gather and consolidate data among UA suppliers to facilitate metrics reporting and communication of outcomes across business
- Support in APAC take-back program with cross-functional units
- Support the team to track vendor sustainability performance and build decks for semi-annual business review meetings
- Support the team in managing and troubleshooting the auditing/remediation platforms
- Support the team on administrative tasks and other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by leaders
- Support APAC Green Machine to devise strategies and organize sustainability activities among offices, warehouse, and brand stores that ties to corporate & DE&I goals to cultivate sustainable culture within business
- Current Year 2 or above Undergraduate studying towards Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, Governance or Environmental Management
- Previous internship experience in sustainability, not necessarily in garment/manufacturing field
- Creative thinking, open-minded, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
- Strong Data Analysis Skills - Experience with Excel/Tableau or other data management systems in a plus
Internship period: Jan 2024 - Jun 2024, Part-time internship of minimum 2 days per week during the semester.
Hiring Process: 1. CV Submission, 2. Interview with Recruiter 4. Interview with Hiring Manager
Offer timeline: Late Nov - Early Dec 2023
Our Commitment to Diversity
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, family or paternal status and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.