Head of Climate
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age, or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity , and lead boldly? Join our team.
About The Role
The Head of Climate leads Gap Inc.’s efforts to achieve its 2030 Science Based Target and 2050 Net Zero ambition, working to set GHG reduction strategies across the company’s owned and operated portfolio as well as its value chain, and strategies for assessing and managing climate-related risks in the business. The role drives cross-functional collaboration, working closely with internal functions, supply chain, and brands, as well as external stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Drive the development and implementation of the company’s Net Zero roadmap and strategy, including attainment of its 2030 Science Based Target across Scopes 1-3
- Drive the development and implementation of the company’s Climate Transition Plan
- Drive company’s preparedness efforts to upcoming climate legislation, including the SEC Climate Change Rule
- Develop and implement process for assessing and managing climate-related risks and opportunities
- Set company owned and operated efficiency and renewable electricity strategy in collaboration with cross-functional teams including sourcing and real estate
- Collaborate with Hong-Kong based Global Sustainability team to create and implement Scope 3 GHG reduction strategies, including coal phase out, efficiency, renewable energy, and supplier incentivization
- Calculate annual Scope 1-3 emissions using established calculation methodology and external support
- Drive strategy for nature and land-based climate solutions that achieve benefits for climate, water, and biodiversity
- Present and drive Climate strategy in key leadership discussions to seek alignment and commitment across Senior Leadership Team
- Grow and nurture external relationships with climate experts, industry peers, private and public climate grant makers, and NGOs
- Influence internal stakeholders to embed climate strategies into the business
Who You Are
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Climate Change and GHG Emissions, including the GHG Protocol, Science Based Targets, Net Zero framework, Renewable/Clean Energy, Power Purchase Agreements, and Energy/Climate public policy
- General understanding of the retail industry, specifically as it relates to social and environmental impact, sourcing and the apparel manufacturing.
- Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence with an ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity in every aspect of work
- Highly organized with the ability to manage complexity
- Vision and strategy setting and execution
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US Candidates. Please note that effective June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy, as said policy is no longer effective.