Head of Sustainable Sourcing & Nature Initiatives
Kering is a global Luxury group which manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in fashion, leather goods and jewelry: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. In 2022, Kering had 47,000 employees and restated revenue of €20.4 billion. Kering is a major player in the luxury sector.
By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering empowers its people to lead the way in terms of creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” A shared culture and determination unite our Houses. Together, we are building a unique, passionate and responsible Luxury group, working to push boundaries in a positive way.
Join us to shape the Luxury of tomorrow with us.
À propos de Kering
Groupe de Luxe mondial, Kering regroupe et fait grandir un ensemble de Maisons emblématiques dans la Mode, la Maroquinerie et la Joaillerie : Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin ainsi que Kering Eyewear. Avec un effectif de 47 000 collaborateurs à travers le monde et un chiffre d'affaires de 20,4 milliards d’euros en 2022, Kering est un acteur majeur du Luxe.
Notre signature, Empowering Imagination, exprime nos engagements ainsi que la valeur que nous souhaitons apporter à l’ensemble de nos parties prenantes : en apportant un soutien sans faille à nos Maisons et en confiant leur direction artistique à des talents singuliers, en encourageant l’innovation et en développant les talents, et en améliorant sans cesse les standards sociaux et environnementaux du secteur.
Une culture et une détermination communes unissent nos Maisons. Ensemble, nous construisons un groupe de Luxe unique, passionné et responsable, qui œuvre à faire bouger les lignes de façon positive.
Rejoignez-nous pour façonner à nos côtés le Luxe de demain
Job Description. Your opportunity:
The Head of Sustainable Sourcing and Nature Initiatives is part of the Sustainability Programme Team, gathering environmental experts at the Kering corporate to support the Group's luxury Houses. She/he/they develops and implement the strategy for sustainable sourcing and creation of a positive impact on Nature through the business. She/he/they works in collaboration with the Group's Houses and covers the entire supply chain with a particular focus on the key raw materials for the Houses’ products (in particular: leather, animal fibers (wool, cashmere, etc.), plant fibers (cotton, etc.), precious skins...). She/he/they understands links between supply chains and ecosystem services, environmental management, regenerative agriculture and/or agronomy, and masters the topics of biodiversity, conservation of species & natural ecosystems, and animal welfare. She/he/they enjoys working in teams and building networks and in particular is experienced in establishing and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders to ensure the scientific soundness of Kering’s approaches and to support broad uptake of solutions/actions beyond Kering’s own sphere of operations. These partners include environmental and animal welfare NGOs, project finance institutes, UN departments, industry associations, and so on. She/he/they are also experienced in engaging teams internally in order to go from strategic framework and goals to concrete actions and projects on the ground.
How you will contribute:
Bring Kering's responsible sourcing approach to life, in particular by developing specific standards, operational guides for each sector and tools enabling brands to fully grasp the issues and solutions for them. This also includes identification of new leadership directions for Kering in that field.
Ensure alignment with Kering's 2025 strategy "Crafting Tomorrow’s Luxury": as part of this strategy, Kering is committed to:
- Aligning 100% of its supplies with the Kering Standards and to reduce its environmental profit and loss account (EP&L) by 40%, for which raw materials account for 2/3 of the impact
- Achieving a net-positive impact on Nature, in particular by regenerating 1 million hectares through the Regenerative Fund for Nature and protecting 1 million hectares through carbon offset mechanisms
- Provide ad-hoc support to Houses on responsible raw materials sourcing projects, in the form of expertise, due diligence or identification of sustainable sourcing channels. These key raw materials include (non-exhaustive list): leather, precious skins, cashmere, wool, cotton, silk, and man-made cellulosic fibers.
- Supervise the team composed of one biodiversity specialist and one animal welfare specialist and work in close relationship with the Materials Innovation Lab, the Kering Sustainable Supply Chain team and others across Kering to support awareness and uptake of raw materials that aligns with Kering Sustainability strategy and standards.
- Be the group referent to decipher and integrate the links between the biodiversity & ecosystems services (BES) and the raw materials used by Kering Houses. This includes the enhancement of BES aspects in the Environmental Profit and Loss (EP&L), as well as ensuring full success of the Regenerative Fund for Nature.
- Being the reference for the international scientific community in biodiversity, ecosystems and animal welfare and to represent Kering in the work of multi-stakeholder platforms (industry, NGOs, civil society) and sectorial organizations.
Who you are:
- Strategic vision of environmental and animal welfare issues in the apparel and accessories supply chains,
- Extensive scientific knowledge of ecosystem services, sector dependence on biodiversity, animal welfare. Excellent understanding of conservation mechanisms of species and natural habitats,
- Network established with NGOs and international institutions specializing in these topics,
- Excellent communication skills and real power of conviction, to promote the sustainable raw material programs to brands internally and externally,
- Ability to work in a decentralized international environment and manage by influence a large community concerned by these issues,
- Strong ability to work independently, to be proactive, and to supervise and develop the specialists in the team,
- Cooperation, flexibility to work in groups, strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt in a multicultural context,
- Fluent in English, strong working knowledge of French and/or Italian would be greatly appreciated.
- At least a Master’s degree. PhD and training/experience in environmental science highly appreciated
- +10 years of successful experience in the field of sustainability, environmental conservation and / or sustainable procurement in the sector of fashion/luxury, food & beverages, or cosmetics
- Experience in a position requiring the management of many internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in complex organizations and/or companies
Why work with us?
Kering is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We believe diversity in all its forms – disability, age, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, religion – enriches the workplace. It opens opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively, and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.