Sr. Lead, Global Sustainability Regulatory and Framework Compliance and Disclosures
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Values & Innovation:
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.
Purpose of Role:
Global responsibility for developing, enhancing and implementing a strategy for tracking, analyzing, prioritizing and ensuring Sustainability, Human Rights, environmental, social and governance (ESG) and other programmatic work is sufficient to meet or exceed compliance with substantive as well as reporting and disclosure requirements including those of existing and emerging legislation, laws, regulations, standards and directives and voluntarily undertaken, Sustainability, ESG, Corporate Responsibility and Climate reporting including frameworks and stakeholders/raters/rankers. Examples of such required disclosures include CSDDD, CSRD and EU member state, country-level and US State and Federal requirements, as well as voluntary frameworks including SASB, GRI, ISSB, IFRS. Must be an excellent writer: mastery of demonstrated writing skills to draft, edit and finalize and submit/publish compelling and effective, complex, detailed and comprehensive legally required, voluntary framework and rater/ranker disclosures and sustainability reporting.
- Responsible for developing and enhancing existing related internal governance including drafting and enhancing related processes, policies and supporting internal controls/processes with a cross-functional team including global Legal, Accounting/Finance, External Reporting, Internal Audit, ERM and Communications to ensure relevant compliance and voluntary disclosures.
- Responsible for enhancing Under Armour, Inc’s (“UA”) reputation across Sustainability, Human Rights Due Diligence, ESG issues and positioning UA as a trusted leader for transparent measurement and communication of our global Sustainability, Human Rights and ESG work. This role will work closely with internal business partners, including legal, communications, accounting, finance, external reporting, investor relations, sustainability team members and subject matter experts across the business to advise on related risks and opportunities. Exemplary writing and communication skills are critical to ensuring the sharing and publishing of clear, engaging and concise information that will enable Under Armour to meet regulatory requirements and be rated and acknowledged as a trusted brand by recipients/audiences including regulators, stakeholders and raters/rankers.
- Responsible for enhancing and/or developing and implementing related aspects of sustainability, human rights and ESG compliance programs that build and manage data tracking /collection capabilities, and support internal and external reporting programs, dashboards and reporting.
- Support our Finance, Accounting, Investor Relations and Corporate communications functions on communications relating to relevant targets, reporting, disclosures, issues and insights as well as product and consumer facing attributes. Finally, additional ad-hoc projects such as benchmarking , internal employee training initiatives, and other sustainability implementation strategies across the enterprise.
- Support the annual planning, sustainability business integration and compliance, disclosure and reporting processes across UA teams, integrating and synchronizing across the groups, businesses and major supply chains to accomplish strategic goals.
- Engage leadership to integrate related Sustainability, Human Rights and ESG key performance indicators to drive proactive management of the company’s portfolio of Sustainability, Human Rights and ESG initiatives.
- Partner with CSO and Finance/Treasury to support engagements with lenders, investors and ESG ratings agencies regarding developing and educating them about UA’s Sustainability, Human Rights and ESG policies, programs and progress.
- Work with global leaders to continue to enhance Sustainability, Human Rights and ESG governance, including oversight of key Sustainability, Human Rights and ESG risks and opportunities.
- Support related nongovernmental organization framework, rating/ranking and related engagement plans and focus areas ensuring alignment with the business or corporate sustainability approach and challenges.
- Masters or JD/LLB, and/or Undergraduate Degree with focus on Sustainability, Human Rights Due Diligence, Accounting, External Reporting and related Masters Degrees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills, including proficiency in working with large data sets
- Mastery of key Sustainability, Human Rights Corporate Responsibility, Social and Labor and ESG issues (including climate change, diversity equity and inclusion, human rights, etc.) and leading ESG and impact frameworks (including CSDDD, CSRD, Mandatory Human Rights Due Diligence, UNPRI, TCFD, SASB, UN SDGs, ISSB, IFRS, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail; strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage time across multiple projects/deadlines in a detail-oriented environment
- Deep knowledge of sustainability issues in apparel, retail, and/or consumer products industries
- Knowledge in broad networks with regulators, accounting/finance, ESG reporting standard setters/frameworks/NGOs, relevant academic institutions, industry best practices, and leading-edge sustainability, human rights due diligence, ESG, issues trends and concepts
- SASB FSA credential, GRI certification, PMP
- Experience driving solutions and programs in corporate sustainability and operations, and working on sustainability strategies
- Highly motivated self-starter, with demonstrated history of taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, tightly knit team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and across communication mediums
- Strong networking skills and cultural awareness to cultivate relationships with stakeholders across levels and functional groups in large global environment spanning multiple time-zones
- Passion for making a difference and driving positive social and environmental change
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and W-desk, Sustainability/ESG Platforms and Reporting software. Tableau helpful
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our Baltimore office.
- Return to Work Designation: 3 days week in-office, the remainder of work week remote.
- Travel: IE- 5-10% of the year
- Licenses/Certifications: including GRI, SASB, Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting (FSA), Integrated Reporting
$136,154.00 - $187,212.30 USD
Most new hires fall within this range and have the opportunity to earn more over time. Initial placement within the salary range, however, is based on an individual's relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the position. UA is committed to helping our teammates succeed and advance in their careers. Base salary is only one component of our competitive Total Rewards package.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid "UA Give Back" Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour Merchandise Discounts
- Competitive 401(k) plan matching.
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, family or paternal status and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.