Sr. Professional, Human Rights and Responsible Sourcing, Sustainability
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Senior Professional, Sustainability Human Rights and Responsible Sourcing, will help manage our Human Rights, Responsible Sourcing, and Fair Compensation programs/initiatives, and related engagements with external stakeholders, to help advance and achieve our goals in our Sustainability strategic plan, while enhancing the reputation and awareness of the Company’s sustainability initiatives within Under Armour. Driven by our Purpose “We Empower Those Who Strive for More” which reflects our values, “Act Sustainably,” “Stand for Equality,” and “Fight on Together,” operationalizing our Human Rights, Responsible Sourcing and Fair Compensation initiatives into the business is critical to achieving our ambitions for being a leader in sustainability by 2030.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist, and in some cases lead aspects of, implementing UA’s Global Human Rights Commitment in due diligence and actioning focus areas; including risk assessment in UA’s global operations and supply chain, work with 3rd parties and regularly engage stakeholders (including civil society organizations) to identify, determine human rights risks and where and how we may continue to improve, collecting data and evidence necessary for reporting in accordance with evolving mandatory Human Rights Due Diligence (mHRDD) legislation including CSDDD, CSRD, other EU and emerging US and other country compliance and disclosure regulations.
- Support the implementation of UA’s Responsible Sourcing Policy by actively anticipating and identifying risks and opportunities posed by business and sourcing practices, including assisting in reviewing and analyzing Better Buying Institute’s reports and the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s (“SAC”) Higg Brand & Retail Module, related communications to enable the Sustainability team to continue its work to timely implement effective, sustainable remediation and process alignment. Providing frequent updates through our SBI Operations Model (“Op Model”) and our Responsible Sourcing and Supply Chain Sustainability forums.
- Support the implementation and help measure progress against UA’s Fair Compensation Commitment and “Blueprint” workplan and other commitments related to affiliation with the Fair Labor Association (“FLA”). Maintain wage data (platform) information updated, reviewing and analyzing wage data, and pilot interventions results at selected vendors or suppliers.
- Support initiatives Under Armour joins in the future and engagements with other collaborations, including with peer brands, such as the Industry Summit.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Ability to collaborate with key civil society organizations, raters/rankers and partners to understand/identify requirements, drive knowledge into action, and support data driven decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively complex topics in a clear, visually engaging and compelling manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong relationship-building, facilitation, and influencing skills; ability to build trust among those with diverse personal styles.
- Proven track record to think creatively, recognize new business opportunities, understand new technologies, and communicate ideas.
- Clear understanding of industrial/labor relations.
Education And / Or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, business, supply chain, operations, public health, accounting or other relevant degree.
- 6+ years’ experience in operations, logistics, planning, sustainability, purchasing, costing, demand/supply planning or performance management or 5+ years of experience working in corporate sustainability.
- Experience in engaging Sustainability, Supply Chain, Legal, External Reporting and Communications teammates.
- Location: Under Armour Global Headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
- Return To Work Designation: 3 days a week in-office, the remainder of work week remote.
- Travel: When needed, expected to be infrequent
- Licenses/Certifications: Preferred but not required: SASB FSA credential, GRI certification, PMP