Social/Environment Validation Specialist
Hennes & Mauritz AB is a Swedish multinational clothing-retail company known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children.
At H&M Group, we believe in making great design available to everyone. It’s essential in everything we do. Our family of brands — H&M, COS, Monki, Weekday, & Other Stories, H&M Home, ARKET, Afound, Treadler and Itsapark — offer customers around the world a wealth of fashion, beauty, accessories and homeware, as well as modern menus with fresh and local produce at some of the brands’ in-store eateries.
- As a Sustainability Social / Environmental Validation Specialist, you are accountable for ensuring that our new and existing suppliers comply with H&M group’s social and environmental standards.
- Work closely with Social & Environmental Validation Manager or lead and other stakeholders to secure the goals and activities.
- You are responsible for working with suppliers to ensure they are equipped in carrying out self-assessments and validations that comply with our working methods and standards. You also monitor the quality of data and information provided through validation.
- You clearly communicate the areas for improvement with suppliers, guiding them through root cause analysis to secure their understanding on our working method and standards. Support suppliers and internal teams on competence building, securing that improvements and implementations are attainable.
- You support Social & Environmental Validation Manager or Lead on trainings and workshops for internal teams and suppliers to update the improvement areas, best practices and new guidelines.
- Minimum 5-7 yr of exp. Working in 3rd party auditing firm plus work exp with brands.
- Bachelors degree preferred
People who are happy and do well at H&M tend to thrive on using their intuition and common sense. We might be the place of possibility, but we’re also a place of ambiguity and constant change. This is not a company for micro-managers or people who operate on autopilot. This is a company where your opinions will inform business decisions, so you need to enjoy making them heard, questioning how things work, and trying things that you might not be familiar with.
Consequently, we depend on teamwork. And we have a pretty high tolerance for failure, provided you can show you’re learning. You can expect to take on new responsibilities and to move around a bit, too, so this could be the start of a varied and rewarding career if that’s what you’re looking for. Beyond that, it’s really up to you. 70% of our people manager roles are hired from within, so there’s not much of a limit to how far you can go. All we ask is that you be yourself, take ownership of your work and your career goals, and go for it with everything you’ve got.