Sustainability Supply Chain Coordinator
Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and freedom. This shift represented a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionized the socio-cultural landscape. In 1999, the luxury goods division of the Kering Group acquired Yves Saint Laurent and, under the creative direction of Anthony Vaccarello since April 2016, continues to position the house at the summit of the luxury universe. Today, Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties and eyewear.
For LG, Shoes & RTW business units, drive the sustainability agenda with our RawMaterial & Manufacturing suppliers at different levels of the supply chain to reduce the environmental footprint and make further progress in terms of climate, biodiversity, circularity, and transparency.
- Contribute, engage, train and update suppliers on sustainability strategy, refine mid- and long-term objectives and monitor implementation
- Work cross-functionally with different company’s functions, such as, Product Development, Production, Ateliers, Finance, and Procurement making sure to empower each team to reach our sustainability objectives
- Implement & manage Leather, Metals & Precious Skins traceability system and procedure, with a focus on recycled contents
- Manage sustainability performance KPIs in particular related to the vendor rating procedure
- Support the YSL teams & suppliers for the implementation of programs related to metal free leather, regenerative leather, sustainable sourcing guidelines and green energy, in line with Kering standard objectives
- Conceive and lead actions to use more sustainable elements and achieve our no single use plastic target, regarding packaging & components
- Contribute to deploy our living wage strategy
- Promote and implement circular approaches within the brand working with existing flows such as leftovers, unsold or damaged products
- For each collection, contribute & monitor the incorporation of product Sustainability features and materials in the Collection files in close collaboration with the product development and merchandising teams
- Actively contribute to the research and testing of innovative sustainable materials
- Post graduate, Business school or Engineer diploma
- +7years experience in supply chain management and sustainability
- Significant expertise in some of our key supplier activities (metal hardware, leather tanning, textile processing, leather goods , shoes & RTW manufacturing
- Ability to interact with internal teams and external partners, capacity to build relationships and communicate
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and rigor
- Capacity to manage data
- Fluent in Italian and good level in English. French would be a plus.
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.